Saturday, February 15, 2020

Staging Progress

I have moved control of theme customization and trials to here,  in line with the Accounting for Themes direction.

Orcmid’s Lair design is moved here.  I made adjustments to the customization that are consistent while distinguishing Muddleware Lab appearance.  Those cosmetic features will also be customized when I respawn other blogs in the current re-establishment effort.

A few design modifications have been back-ported to Orcmid’s Lair after being confirmed with changes here. 

I’ve determined how to avoid Open Live Writer mangling its edit pages.  I am not updating from the blog’s theme material on blogspot.  I pray that there are no untoward effects.

I also discovered why the Movable Type incarnation of the Muddleware lab now serves up ugly.  The forced change of the access URLs causes page-internal absolute URLs to be blocked because they are still http:// ones.  So styles and scripts are not fetched. Ick.  This deserves a post of its own on the law of unintended (?) consequences,  fixing things that are not broken, and widespread cluelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment