Thursday, November 14, 2019

A Margin Too Far?

There are some very odd goings-on now that I have been fiddling with the default theme. 

I have learned how to obtain reflow by extending the right margin.  This makes for some very long lines, and they defeat sight reading.  I will adjust that. 

I also observe that images are expanded as the browser view is widened, and it can expand too much, starting pixilation.  So, a new problem.  It is nice that this theme will keep images within the margins and shrinking them as needed.  It makes use of the “original size” image option very appealing.

Finally, there seems to be no way, with this default, to defeat the “Read More” business.  I suspect I will have to change the theme to conquer that.  The default theme just doesn’t seem to have enough control, and I am not prepared to edit the theme’s XHTML just yet.

Oh, and the sidebar has disappeared as well.  And the first body paragraph flows up next to the title block.  My goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment